The following links provide further technical guidance on the assessment of contamination in NSW.
- The technical note on designing sampling programs for sites potentially contaminated by PFAS (PDF 303KB) provides technical guidance for consultant investigations of PFAS in soil, groundwater and surface water for contaminated land assessment and management.
- The technical note on the assessment and remediation of Light Non-Aqueous Phase Liquid (LNAPL) contamination (PDF 317KB) describes the steps the EPA expects to be taken to identify any release of LNAPL and the EPA’s general expectations in relation to the management and remediation of LNAPL contamination at a site.
- The technical note on the investigation of service station sites describes industry best practice in the assessment of service station sites in line with relevant legislation, policies and the National Environmental Protection (Assessment of Site Contamination) Measure 1999. This technical note replaces the EPA's 1994 Guidelines for Assessing Service Station Sites, which will be revoked under the Contaminated Land Management Act 1997 in due course.
- The best practice note on landfarming outlines the EPA’s expectations for those who undertake soil remediation in NSW using landfarming. It aims to promote good practice and assist practitioners to comply with the requirements of the Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997, particularly the uncontrolled release of emissions to air, land and water.
- Information about assessing gasworks sites provides a broad explanation of the contamination associated with former gasworks sites. It includes background information about gasworks sites, a summary of existing guidance material to assist in the assessment of these sites and useful references for further reading.
- Information about underground petroleum storage systems provides background on the UPSS Regulation and guidance materials available for assessing sites with underground fuel storage.
- Technical guidance on vapour intrusion (10774vapourintr.pdf, 238KB) provides an advisory note to assist practitioners on the assessment of vapour intrusion on contaminated land in NSW. It should be read in conjunction with national guidance documents, recognised industry best practice, standards and other technical publications.
- Guidelines for the Assessment and Management of Sites Impacted by Hazardous Ground Gases (120932Ground.pdf, 799KB) provides guidance on recognising and appropriately managing risks due to hazardous ground gases during the assessment and remediation of potentially contaminated land or during the development of land adjacent to sites impacted by hazardous ground gases.
Page last updated: 16 January 2017