Approved methods for the sampling and analysis of water pollutants in NSW
Following community consultation, a revised version of Approved Methods for the Sampling and Analysis of Water Pollutants in New South Wales, referred to in environment protection legislation, has been gazetted (Gazette no 54 of 12 March 2004 p 1150): approvedMethods-water.pdf (PDF format, 166 Kb).
Changes to the document include:
- reference to the latest edition of Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater
- a more comprehensive list of water pollutants that should cover all pollutants currently required to be monitored as a condition of environment protection licences
- information on the process to be followed by licensees seeking further advice on approved methods
- advice on ecotoxicological assessment
- lists of synonyms for analytes currently included on licences to assist licensees in determining the appropriate analytical methods where different names, or spellings of names, for the same analyte may occur between the licence and the Approved Methods for the Sampling and Analysis of Water Pollutants in New South Wales.
Now that the document is finalised, if you wish to change the methods you currently use, you must seek approval in writing from the EPA (NSW) before making any changes.
Page last updated: 20 June 2013