Healthy Environment, Healthy Community, Healthy Business

Environment Protection Authority

Environmental Issues

Chemicals and pesticides

Where can I get information about trainers?

A range of training and retraining is available to suit all types of pesticide users. Initial training usually involves a two-day course based on competencies from the AHCIO Agriculture, Horticulture and Conservation and Land Management Training Package. (Note that some providers may offer part of the course by home study.) Retraining usually involves a one-day refresher course.

You can also become qualified by demonstrating to a registered training provider that you know how to use pesticides in your job or business.

Note that the Environment Protection Authority (EPA) does not approve any particular training provider or course. You can obtain your qualification from any registered training organisation that trains and assesses you in the competency units required by the NSW Pesticides Regulation in accordance with the Australian Qualifications Framework.

Information on training courses, providers and assessors can be found in the Yellow Pages. Some organisations that you can contact for information about training courses include the following (although please see the disclaimer below):

  • NSW Department of Primary Industries (91166)
    Phone: 1800 138 351
    Phone: 131 601 
  • ChemCert Training Group (ChemCert Training/FarmCare Training/GM Rural Training 90855) 
    Phone: 1800 444 228 or (02) 9439 7910
  • Regional Skills Training - Spray Solutions (140107) 
    Phone: (08) 8835 1362
  • Australian Training and Consulting (90886)
    Phone: (02) 6766 9040
  • NSW Farmers' Association & Octec (90142)
    Phone: 1300 794 000
  • Local Government Training Institute (90820)
    Phone: (02) 4922 2333
  • RuralBiz Training (Kreate Pty Ltd) (90782)
    Phone: (02) 6884 8812
  • ChemQual (Sulcor Advisory Services) (70207) 
    Phone: 1300 783 645
  • Smith & Georg Training and Consulting (40075) 
    Phone: 1800 991 985
  • Sydney Training Services - Rural Training Services (Trainer Services Pty Ltd) (40867)
    Phone: 1800 872 462
  • AusChem Training Victoria -  various RTOs (3974, 4693, 22179, 90005)
    Phone: 1300 131 250
  • NCA Training Pty Ltd (41110)
    Phone: 1300 186 684

  • Disclaimer: The above list has been prepared in good faith for general information only. The EPA does not warrant that the list is complete, nor vouch for the quality of the training or information that may be provided by any of these parties. The provision of information about registered training organisations does not imply that the EPA has endorsed or approved the registered training organisations or the courses run by the registered training organisations.

    Information about the Australian Quality Training Framework is available from:

  • Australian Skills Quality Authority
    Phone: 1300 701 801
  • Department of Education and Training
    Phone: 1300 363 079
  • If you are a Registered Training Organisation delivering the competency units required by the Pesticides Regulation in NSW and would like your details published on this page, please notify the EPA on 131 555 or (Environment Line email).

Page last updated: 27 April 2016