Full cost of landfill: calculator
The Full Cost of Landfill Calculator is an Excel-based decision-support tool that aims to help local councils determine a baseline figure for the ‘real’ cost of sending waste to landfill.
Information about the full cost of landfill can help local councils divert more waste from landfill and work towards the NSW Government’s recycling targets.
Councils can use the calculator to:
- optimise their waste and resource recovery decision-making processes
- determine landfill charges that will adequately cover costs
- plan for landfill replacement
- explore resource recovery alternatives
- assess carbon management options
- justify budget requests.
What would you like to do next?
Page last updated: 14 January 2015