Resources: local council waste and resource recovery
The following NSW Environment Protection Authority (EPA) publications, tools and services are designed to help NSW local councils manage waste and resource recovery.
Waste and recycling infrastructure advice for councils
Free advisory support services are available to assist councils with infrastructure advice, guidance and coaching:
Kerbside resource recovery
- Best Bin Systems: preferred resource recovery practices by Local Council – Best Bin Systems provides advice on kerbside collection of waste and recyclables from single dwellings.
- Kerbside audits: guidelines for conducting household kerbside residual waste, recycling and garden organics audits in NSW local government areas.
- Reducing contamination at the kerbside: reducing contamination of dry recyclables and garden organics at the kerbside.
- Collection systems for food and garden organics: the food and garden organics best practice collection manual provides advice on designing an organics collection system.
Rural and regional waste facilities
Designing waste management services
- Case study video gallery of the outstanding waste diversion work done by local government organisations, featuring council staff, councillors and community members.
What would you like to do next?
Page last updated: 27 October 2016