The EPA Annual Report 2015–16 (PDF 4MB) summarises the activities and performance of the EPA, against measures in the EPA Strategic Plan, for the financial year 2015–16. This year’s report includes a summary and infographics illustrating some of the EPA's key achievements. A shorter achievements snapshot (PDF 552 KB) is also available.
During 2015–16 the EPA
- supported the NSW community to reduce litter through Hey Tosser!, Local Litter Check and mobile reporting apps
- awarded over $38 million in grants for programs to reduce waste, combat illegal dumping, increase recycling and encourage environmental awareness
- led the NSW Government’s response to contamination from firefighting foams around the Williamtown RAAF Base
- introduced the most stringent air particle standards in the world
- worked with the gas industry to minimise environmental and health impacts
- released the triennial NSW State of the Environment Report 2015
- contributed to improved planning decisions for infrastructure and transport throughout NSW
- ensured polluters paid to clean up their act, with over $10 million issued in penalties under EPA legislation.
EPA Regulatory Assurance Statement 2015–16
The EPA Board’s Regulatory Assurance Statement assesses the EPA's performance as a regulator for 2015-16, including how industries regulated by the EPA performed, and makes recommendations for overall improvements. The 2015–16 Regulatory Assurance Statement is a separate report to the 2015–16 annual report.
EPA Annual Reports and Regulatory Assurance Statements
Page last updated: 29 November 2016